4.26.2006

First Bike Adventure

After Mary Elizabeth woke-up from a 4 hour long nap, I took Gideon and M.E. out on our first bike adventure. It was definitely an adventure. Just getting out of the house required everyone to get dresses (yes, we were still in our pjs!), put on coats, boots, and hats (so no one would yell at me for not dressing my kids properly). I then had to put M.E. in our fun converter backpack/stroller, put her on my back, and then get all of us and the bike out our corridor, into our elevator, and outside avoiding touching any of the walls, which had just been freshly painted! I was exhausted just doing that! This being Gideon’s first trip on his bike, he needed much reminding to “Watch where you are going! You are going to hit someone.” He wanted to make sure that M.E. and I were watching him, so he kept looking backwards, causing the bike to turn. It became pretty comical…or annoying. He had 3-4 tumbles---the biggest was going down a road that had a little incline. He picked up speed and crashed at the bottom. I was running after him pushing M.E. in her stroller---OK, I am sure it did look pretty funny! Fortunately, he was fine and so was the bike. We stopped at 2 playgrounds and also to watch a trash truck collect the trash. What a memory!!!

No comments: