4.28.2006

We have bugs!

Yuck! I hate to even mention this fact. I have always equated bugs and dirt. I, however, just spent the entire day cleaning our house, scrubbing our floors, preparing for guest for the weekend. As we, including, of course, our guests, sat down to eat dinner, I see a bug crawling up the wall! I assured myself that it is a lone ranger, even though I have always heard that if you see one you can be certain that there are more. Well, now I know that the lone ranger was coming to meet his family---I found 2 more last night. I immediately found the bug spray and sprayed every corner and crevice I could find. Last night, every time something touched me, I jumped and thought it was another bug. I woke this morning and began scrubbing and spraying again. We have concluded that the bugs are probably coming from the apartment trash shoot that is “conveniently” located right next to our apartment! We can just step out our door and "dump our trash"---our landlord failed to mention the the terrible smell and bugs that go along with this "wonderful benefit"! One day, I commented on the huge amount of cats in our apartment complex. There are about six stray cats that hang out at our apartment entrance and even in our corridor. My colleague commented that at least we don’t have to worry about mice! Well, I guess I can just be thankful that I don’t have a family of mice living with us in our apartment! Please join us in praying that our new bug guests would find a new residence soon and that this would not become an ongoing problem.

No comments: