6.14.2006

A Bad Hair Day...

Today, I got two hair-cuts and I have only had two hair-cuts in the past 8 months! I tried a new salon---first mistake! I found a picture, while I was waiting for my appointment. I thought I had explained that I would like something similar to the photo, which was not dramatically different than what I already had. I also thought I clearly said "choot-choot"---just a little! She got to work and I began reading a new book---second mistake!! I looked up and was in shock! She stopped and all I could say (of course as nicely as possible) was, "Is her hair that short?" and pointed to the picture. She had cut my very long hair, so short it would not even go into a pony tail! I felt sick, but smiled and asked her to finish---what else could I do?!? With each cut, I felt more sick. After she finished, I went to a different salon (with a better reputation) and begged for their help...this could be counted as mistake #3!!! Since my hair had already been cut, all they could do was go shorter. We looked at many pictures and had a lengthy discussion...let just say a "bad hair day" (or in this case, several months), brings on a whole new meaning. The blessing---two hair cuts totaled only $12!!!

A word of encouragement to those of us having a bad hair day...
There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and noticed she had only three hairs on her head. "Well," she said, "I think I'll braid my hair today." So she did and she had a wonderful day.


The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head. "H-M-M," she said, "I think I'll part my hair down the middle today." So she did and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head. "Well," she said, "Today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail." So she did and she had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head. "YEAH!" she exclaimed, "I don't have to fix my hair today!"

Attitude is everything!!!

PS. There is a reason no photo is posted with this blog!!!

3 comments:

Mel and Nancy Skinner said...

There is other good news as well...you won't need to get a hair cut for a good bit! I'm expecting a picture from you!
Mel

Joni said...

I'd love to see a picture too, Kristie! Maybe in a couple weeks once you've gotten used to your new look... Thanks for keeping us all updated with the little stories in your lives - I love reading them! :)

Joni Tapp

Anonymous said...

I want to see a picture, too! Come on ... I bet it looks great!
~ Carolyn