6.27.2006

Fun Run


Today was the long awaited "Fun Run"---I am still wondering what is so fun about running? I had prayed for rain (because I really did not feel prepared to run) and He answered my prayers...next time I just need to be more specific. It rain hard the night before the race, but was hot, humid, and sunny at 4pm. A tree had fallen and was blocking the original route. So, the runners went to the tree and back twice. It was a very steamy day and the path was still a little muddy. I am used to running indoors on the treadmill and my pink runny shoes still looked brand new after months of running! As, I was coming up to the half-way, turn around point, a runner passed me completing the 2nd lap and finishing 5k in 20 minutes! I was so hot and now discouraged, so when I saw Gideon and ME cheering me on, thinking mommy was finished...I just pretended I was! Gideon thinks I did a great job! We had 100% team participation and a great time of fellowship and encouragement. We wanted to think Holly and Jenny, our co-workers, for cheering us on with Gideon and ME making it possible for Keith and I to run.

I am so proud of Keith for finishing in 30.30---his second time ever to run 5k!

Check out our other pictures at
www.the4sullivans.photosite.com (Poland-AGM).

No comments: