9.03.2006

Valuable Lesson...


Gideon's Granny sent him Spiderman tennis shoes for his birthday and they arrived a week ago. We told Gideon that he needed to save them to wear to preschool. He loves them so much, he would say, "I need to try them on to make sure they fit" and would even fall asleep with them still on. Tonight, I was getting his things ready for school and thought I would water proof them, since it has been raining. What I thought was scotch guard, was actually some protectant or cleaner for BLACK SHOES!!! It was written in German and had a picture of shoes and coats (that were NOT black) with beads of water on them. When I read the fine print, of course after spraying the shoes and realizing there was a problem, I discovered it said in fine print in German, 4 other languages and then Russian---BLACK!!! Fortunately the shoes are not ruined, Gideon did not even notice, and they will be covered in mud tomorrow anyways!

LESSON LEARNED: A picture may say a thousand words, but you need to read the fine print anyways!!!

No comments: