4.25.2007

Yummy Chocolate Cake!?!

Tomorrow, we are headed to Ivanovo to spend a few days with our team mates. I decided to make "The Best Ever Chocolate Cake"...with sweetened condensed milk, hot fudge and cool whip. Gideon helped me break the eggs and as I was busy adding the other ingredients, I noticed that it looked like one of the eggs was a little red. I immediately begin to wonder where blood would have come from?!? After I realized no one was bleeding, I remembered that several other missionaries had said that they had purchased eggs that had matured too long and actually began forming into little chicks---yuck. First, I thought..."What a waste! It is just a little bit red, maybe it won't hurt!" Please forgive me team mates!!! As I began to mix the batter, it became more and more red. I thought..."Darn, if only I would have known, I would have made a Red Velvet Cake!" I kept stirring, more red! Right before I finally concluded that it was becoming way to red and way to gross...I realized it was probably really a Red Velvet Cake mix. Someone had sent us a few cake mixes, but they had cut everything off of the box except the directions. I just assumed it was a chocolate cake since it looked brown in the package!!! I hope my team mates like Red Velvet Cake...to bad it is not Valentine's Day!!!

No comments: