8.23.2007

Frustrating But Funny Situation...

On a last minute shopping spree, I found a great ball cap for Keith. When purchasing the 399 ruble cap with a 1000 ruble bill, the sales clerk just stared at me. Finally, I said, “What? Is something wrong?” She replied, lacking even the remotest amount of professionalism, “I can’t accept that!” I said, “Why not?” She said, “Well, because I have no change. You must give me exact change!” I left the store a bit perturbed and shocked that a retail store would not have what amounted to $20 in change and that she was not willing to go find change, since there were several other employees to watch the store. Thankfully, I was starving and purchased a totally yummy, but not very authentic burrito at Chimichanga. I returned to the store with 400 rubles determined to purchase the cap, but the sales clerk did not even have 1 ruble to give me in change!

No comments: