8.07.2007

FRUSTRATION!!!

Our computer is psycho!!! We have a love-hate relationship with very high expectations. I love it when it works and hate it when it doesn’t and I expect it to work! For some unknown reason, the Internet turns on and off like it is possessed!!! It is like it anticipates you clicking a button and will then go off before your page is loaded, therefore giving the ever so friendly error message!

Last night, I was trying to order my tickets to go to the states (Did I mention I won the lottery-not really, but it feels like it!!! I am going to the states in October all-by-my-self!!!). I searched for two days and checked what felt like every “cheap airline” web page with every possible flight scenario…one even included 5 layovers and some how going through Chicago 2 times in one day!!! I finally found a great deal with only one stop in NYC (transferring from JFK to LGA…bummer, but better than 5 different stops!) So, I ever so carefully read the fine print and entered all of my information, checking and double-checking every detail. I finalize my itinerary, select my seats…praying I pick one far from any snotty nose, whinny little kids (HAHA), because I will be alone with no kiddos!!! I pushed the final button to purchase my tickets at the very same minute the psycho computer’s Internet times out. When it finally came back on, I had an error message saying that I needed to go back a page or start over. I tried hitting the back button, 100 times, and kept getting the same fun, friendly error message. I finally gave up and started over. I re-entered my details, said a prayer and finalized my ticket. Big SIGH!!! Yeah!!! I have found great tickets, successfully purchased them and now, all I have left to do is dream about getting on the flight, reading a book and sleeping…did I mention I will be alone---YAHOO!!!

I wanted to confirm my tickets, so I went to “My Stuff” and noticed 2 different reservation #s for the exact same flight. How weird is that!?! I looked again and all of the details were exactly the same, but the trip identification numbers!!! I must have booked the same tickets twice!!! I called the company to be greeted by the ever so friendly automated response system---YUGH!!! It kept saying, “Did you say ___, or is that background noise (AKA my darling kids communicating ever so nicely in their outside voices, which really translate to screaming and fighting and of course following me from room to room throughout the house!) Finally, I am able to communicate that I need to speak to a real live person and then began my wait listening to the extremely entertaining dialogue by the very chipper “Mr. and Mrs. I have never been on a plane trip before!” explaining how much luggage you are allowed to bring with you, how you can cancel a trip~~~concluding that it is impossible, and numerous other helpful tips you have always wanted to know. I got to listen to their conversation again and again for over 30 minutes…then I was disconnected!!! I called again; push the necessary buttons, and began my wait again. Talk about determination!!! 30 more minutes passed before I actually got to speak with someone. I explained my crisis only to be placed on hold; Round 2: another explanation, hold; Round 3: once again another explanation, and once again hold! I finally said, “Who would book the same flight, the same seats, with the same name KNOWING THE TICKETS ARE NOT REFUNDABLE!!!”

They initially wanted to give me an airline credit. And only after very calmly, extremely politely, and I must say with excellent debating skills and an extreme amount of patience…I got a full refund for my second identical trip!!! He said, “I will need to put you on hold again to credit your account!” One hour and 15 minutes later~~~success!!! I am coming to America!!!

No comments: