8.01.2007

I Love Driving!!!

Today was my second day of Independence!!! Yahoo!!! Brave Gideon joined me at the gym (he attended an art class) and after my class, we went to McDonald's to celebrate mommy's good driving!!! Then, we made several stops to buy Birthday presents and even stopped at the Central Market (a first for me) to buy totally fresh, fabulous fruit. (The peaches are melt in your mouth delicious and a have a huge bag of fresh cherries---I kept saying less, but he obviously did not understand, AKA ignoring my request so he could change me more!) The Central Market is in the very center of town and sort of challenging to get to, but right across the street from where I wanted to stop for presents. The street is a one way (fortunately, I was going the right way...unlike on my first adventure driving alone.) and very packed with cars. There was one available parallel parking spot. Knowing that the perfect present was so close and if I didn't take this spot I would totally miss the best opportunity to complete my mission! I did it!!! I parallel parked and managed not to hit any other cars!!! I was half way out in the street, but at least I was parallel to it!!! I love driving a stick shift and can not believe I have lived in Russia 5 1/2 years and have never driven!!! Keith is so happy to be able to retire as my chauffeur!!! Tonight, I will conquer the HILL---the hill between me and an awesome mall!!! I will also attempt cinnamon rolls (OK, this is totally unrelated to driving, but also a first for me!!!)

2 comments:

A and O said...

Fun. Is this what I am going to have to look forward to teaching Olga how to drive? :) Although I'm sure we'll have automatic and not manual. Looks like I'm in for a treat. Maybe I should talk to Keith. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey, heads up for you. I am MUCH worse than Kristie probably. :) Better talk to Keith.