11.22.2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

My day kicked off at 4:45AM with my 2 brined turkeys. I managed to cram them into our oven together, which saved me 3 extra hours of cooking time, gave me extra time to bake my totally gorgeous cinnamon rolls and get on the road 30 minutes early!!! We made it to Ivanovo without the angel biscuits, which were forgotten in our freezer, and the camera cord...I can't upload play by play photos!!!

We had a fabulous lunch~the highlights for me were tasting my turkeys, which I had been bonding with for days and contemplating and researching for what felt like forever how to brine (and why!) and roast them to have the most juicy breasts!!! I also loved the sweet potatoe casserole and pumpkin pie, which are rare and very special treats in Russia!!!

We have so many things to be thankful for!!! Yesterday and today, I have been particularly grateful for our dishwasher and Internet, which both made all the Thanksgiving preparations much easier! I am also thankful for the desire to live in Russia. We have lived in Russia for almost 6 years, but it was not until the recent visa developments that I have discovered that I actually want to live here! I am also very thankful for the quick, but quality time I was able to spend with my family. I was able to watch my dad's Physical Therapy session and witness the progress he is making!!! It was so fabulous to just chat over dinner (and the fact that it was usually Mexican food was an added bonus!!!) and be a part of their day to day lives...at least for 48 hours!!! I love and miss you guys!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day giving thanks!!!

PLEASE PRAY FOR ME~ME has had a stomach bug for the last 48 hours. She missed preschool on Wednesday and threw-up last night. She seems under the weather and very mellow, but is nonetheless, enjoying all of the attention and fun!!! Pray she will be back to her normal, crazy self soon!!!

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Hey, we're away from home without our camera cord, too. :-p