1.15.2008

Girl's Night Out!!!

I just returned from a much needed Girl's Night Out, which even included a Slumber Party!!! I drove to Ivanovo (My first road trip all alone!!! I love driving with the only sounds being of my thoughts, the deafening music and my totally off tune singing!) I meet up with Alys and Sarah and had lunch at the home of one of our mutual Russian friends. Later, we joined Tracy for dinner and topped the night off with coffee (Peppermint Latte-a first for me!) and dessert (Key Lime Pie-yum!!!) at the brand new, totally awesome Coffee Bean! It was such a fun, stress-free, kid-free night. I had a fabulous time of fellowship---the only thing missing were Jill and Lesa!!!! Hurry home guys, because I can't wait to do it again!

During my drive to Ivanovo, I had some time to reflect and think about my life. I was filled with thankfulness at the place God has brought me to...I have a great husband and 2 darling (even though often demanding and exhausting) kids. I have grown to love Russia and especially our home in Yaroslavl. I can not believe that I live in Russia, speak Russian...even my kids can speak Russian and have traveled to over 25 different countries...as a family 14! I am also amazed that total strangers can be as close as family...I love our teammates and our Russian friends!

God has also given me a new appreciation for life, my family, worship, fellowship...and hot water (which can not be taken for granted here), peanut butter, varieties of cereal (I love cereal, but options are limited here) and much, much more!!! I would have never dreamed that this would be my life, but wouldn't want to change it!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?