1.01.2008

Kristie's Evaluation of 2007

Best Memory: As a family...our trip to Turkey. Alone...my trip to the states in October. Thank you God for blessing our family with these opportunity, may we never take your blessings for granted.

Biggest Accomplishment: Losing all of the weight I gained with ME (65 pounds) over the past 2 1/2 years, but the biggest accomplishment this year was the 5 additional pounds I lost!!! With both kids in preschool, I am able to work-out all most every week day. I am loving exercising and my sacred 4 hours of free time everyday!!! Thank you for helping me achieve this goal and for the free time I have each morning!!!

Biggest Disappointment: The 2 worst things to happen this year were the new changes in visa laws and discovering the seriousness of domestic violence in Russia. The new visa laws will now limit the amount of time foreigners can live in Russia to 3 of 6 months. Please pray that we will find a way to live here year round. More than 14,000 women die a year due to domestic violence in Russia and 70% of women experience abuse in the home. Please pray for these women and that something would be done to help these families and that God would show us how we can personally help.

Biggest Failure/Weakness: Discipline...not utilizing my time better. Not being more consistent and intentional in supplementing Gideon's education. I wanted to spend 3 afternoons a week, after preschool, teaching Gideon some fundamental Kindergarten curriculum he is missing in Russian Kindergarten. I think I successfully spent 3 days!!! Every time we would start, one of us would get frustrated and give up. I am not a gifted teacher and am a lazy mom! Please pray that Gideon would learn all he needs to learn and that I would be more intentional and encouraging as a teacher and mommy!!!

What I am most looking forward to in 2008: 4 months in the states with our families...especially our family trip to Hawaii and Cody and Leslie's Wedding in June. Pray that we would have a blast in the states and make wonderful memories!!!

My Biggest Concern: Gideon being prepared for the First Grade and our visa situation (and the impact that this will have on Gideon's education). Please pray that we would trust God in all things!!!

Goal for 2008: Read through the Bible this year and try to apply 1 Corinthians 13 to my life. Please pray that I would be consistant in my time with the Lord and with my family (especially helping to prepare Gideon for the First Grade). Pray that I would learn the true meaning of love and apply it!!!

No comments: