1.30.2008

She Speaks Conference 2008


She Speaks…ok, I would prefer never to speak… at least not publicly. Those of you who know me, know that I am, however, rarely silent! As a missionary, I am occasionally called to share what the Lord is doing in our lives and ministry, which requires me to bare my soul and life to all that will listen.

She Speaks is a conference for speakers, writers and leaders, which honestly, I consider myself none of the above...so why would I want to go to the Conference? Besides the fact it would be a weekend with no kids or husband and surrounded by Christian women who like to speak, the sessions sound so amazing, informative and encouraging…Developing A Dynamic Women’s Ministry, Staying Filled Up So You Don’t Burn Out (definitely need!), Experiencing God’s Power In Your Ministry (also a huge need!), Living With Purpose (again-need!), Balancing Marriage and Ministry (most needed!!!). These are all are very important and critical to a successful life on the mission field! In addition to so many fabulous sessions, there will also be a session on What Not to Wear, which our younger colleagues have informed me is also a need in my life…in addition to a new wardrobe!!!

If that wasn’t enough to make me what to jump on the next plane and head straight for the Conference, there will be a session for Bloggers!!! OK, I am really a blogging amateur and think the only people who actually read our blog are personally related to us or very bored! But, 3 of my favorite bloggers: Boo Mama, Big Mama, and Rocks in My Dryer will be speaking and sharing ideas on how to improve your blog…another obvious need!!! Just think, after attending the She Speaks Conference, I could be the best dressed missionary with a dynamic, purposeful and powerful ministry, a balanced life and a fabulous blog to document it all!!!

Sweet Lysa TerKeurst, an award-winning author, nationally known speaker and a part of the Proverbs 31 Ministry, is offering a scholarship (worth over $500) to attend the She Speaks Conference!!!

My mom taught me that it is not nice to beg and I am much to proud to be known as the "poor missionary", not to mention the fact that we will already be in the states possibly leading one to conclude it could very well be the Lord's will!!! But, Lysa, just think of the impact you could have on the women in Russia, our ministry in Yaroslavl and the encouragement you would be to my family and teammates when I return as the most balanced, filled-up, powerful...not to mention best dressed missionary on our team and very possibly all of Russia!!! If that is not reason enough to pick me, all of the World would be able read all about my life changing experience here on our new and improved blog!!!

Seriously, I do appreciate your commitment to the Lord and to others. You, as well as the others involved in the Proverbs 31 Ministry, are truly an encouragement and blessing to us all!!! May the Lord richly bless the She Speaks Conference!!!

2 comments:

Celly B said...

What a beautiful family you have! I also have family who are missionaries abroad, and so I know how this conference would bless you! I pray that God would open the door for you to attend.

Sandy said...

First I have to comment on those adorable children! Your little Mary Elizabeth looks about the same age as my little grandson, such a fun age! Secondly, I agree that the She Speaks Conference would greatly impact and benefit the women you minister to in Russia. Best wishes on attending and continued blessing on you and your family as you serve Him.