5.09.2008

7K!

One of my sweet friends is training for a 10K. And, of course, my competitive nature jumped at the challenge...even though, last Wednesday, I thought I would die...literally...after running 4K!!! Today was only the second time I managed a trip to the gym this week...I have thought of every excuse to keep my rapidly growing bottom firmly planted on the couch! Today, before my mind could come up with an excuse, I was at the gym, huffing and puffing on the treadmill. At 3K, I walked a few minutes and was so glad when 5K was only minutes away. I drug my self across the "finish line"...my goal has never been more than a 5K...and started walking, when Keith began his 15 minute cool down. So, I bumped it up again to see how far I would make it before falling on the floor, requiring emergency assistance! 15 minutes passed and Keith was ready to go, but 7K was so close, I kept going...making it across at a turtle's pace of 50 minutes! I hope to be able to join my friend in running through the streets of Saint Petersburg in September!

No comments: