5.16.2008

Congratulations Trever!!!



My nephew, Trever, graduated tonight from Enid High~bringing back memories of almost 20 years ago when I walked across the same stage! We usually try to “pick our battles” with the kids. This very important day, to me, meant wearing our “Sunday best” or at least clean clothes that matched! Keith wanted to wear the same pants he had been wearing for the past 3 days (and if cleanliness was not as issue, the ragged bottoms should have thrown-up a red flag!) and ME, after a very long discussion that her t-shirt and shorts would not be appropriate for Graduation, selected a red dress. I was glad the battle ended with mommy victorious! Until…as we were walking out the door, I hear, “Mommy, I need pants!” ME decided that she need pants to go with her dress, the chosen ones~a pair of khakis with pink flowers, and her pink princess, light-up tennis shoes! We had a blast at Graduation and are so proud of Trever, who in August is headed off to college!!! Way to go Trev!!! We love you!!!

No comments: