6.17.2008

Please Pray


Please pray for our family today.

Two weeks ago, Gideon completed testing that revealed significant Learning Disabilities with an IQ below normal. I know that Standardized Test are not always completely accurate, especially in dealing with a little boy who is not standardized, but we know that Gideon does have some difficulties in this area.

I have wanted to share my struggles on our blog, but have not had the words. I have not been able to process all of the information, work out all of the details, organize it, create a plan and back-up options...because I am a doer and a fixer...and I honestly do not know what to do or how to fix this situation! All I can do is cry!

I feel the Lord calling me to stop trying to figure it all out and just give Gideon and our future to Him; to stop worrying and rest in Him. I do this, but before I am able to really let go, I take it all back to once again begin the futile process all over again!

I know that this is no surprise to the Lord. He has created Gideon in His image and He makes no mistakes. He has a plan for Gideon, as well as for our family. I know all of this, so why is it so hard to let go!?!

Please pray for me and my family. Pray that we would cling to the Lord and to His promises and let nothing come between us. Please pray that Gideon would grow, develop and be filled with peace and confidence. Please pray that Keith and I would be the parents that our kids need. Pray that we would be willing to make any sacrifice necessary to walk in the Lord's will. Pray that we would be able to trust in the Lord and rest with peace and joy in the plans He has for us.

This not only effects how Gideon learns, but our entire family. As missionaries, our resources can often be limited overseas and therefore, this new development may result in major changes in our lives. God knows this and has already worked out a plan that will meet the needs of our entire family. Please pray for us as we seek to walk with the Lord through this. Pray that my worry would be replace with peace and that all of our needs would be meet in the Lord's timing and according to His perfect plan.

The organization that we work for will meet today to discuss our situation. Please join us in praying that the Lord’s desires would be made clear and that we would know the next steps to take.

We love you and our so grateful for your prayers!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry.....

I will be praying for your family.

Redelsperger Family said...

I am praying for your family...may God give you clear direction and overwhelming peace.

Anonymous said...

I am also praying for your family. There are so many good therapies out there, I hope you are able to find something that can help.