7.31.2008

A New Kid...By Friday?!?

"Have a New Kid by Friday!"

When I read the title of Kevin Lehman's new book, I wondered if they literally sent you a new kid, because surely my darling kiddos, that have lately metamorphisized into unidentifiable wild hooligans, could not return to their angelic state in 5 days. After reading the book, contemplating it, discussing it, rereading it...I finally decided to implement it.

ME has become increasingly demanding, displays incredible leadership potential, as she fine tunes her ability to tell everyone what to do and is willing to preserver until she gets what she wants! This morning her persistence had taken the form of whining and her bossiness had reached new heights, I grab my book, review my plan and sweep the little princess up and place her on the back porch, tell her that when she is ready to listen, she can come back in and then I turn and lock the door.

30 minutes later, the demands (along with the screaming, crying and banging) have ceased and the sweet, thoughtful, fun ME has returned...at least temporarily!!!

Tonight, ME asked, "Did you know God made the rocks and He made me special!"

He sure did make ME special...and also stubborn!!!

No comments: