9.17.2008

A Bad Word...

Last night Gideon and I were laying in bed, we had read a book and said our prayers and I let out a sigh of relief that the day had ended...at the same time Gideon sat up in bed.

He said, "Mommy (actually he said Kristie...he calls me Kristie instead of mommy) can I tell you the bad word I heard at school today?"


I tried to look calm (it was dark so it was not terribly difficult) and, of course, said, "Sure, you can tell me anything. I want to hear about everything that happens at school."

Gideon said, "But mommy (OK, really Kristie), it was a really bad word!"

"It's OK Gid, you can tell me anything!"

He said, "They said SHUT-UP!!! Can you believe the kids would say that?!?"

He continued on for at least 15 minutes expressing his horror that the kids in his class would say such a bad word...saying shut-up as often as possible for dramatic effect!

I made sure he was actually listening in class and that the kids were not telling him that he needed to be quiet...which lead to another totally comical discussion about the discipline chart Miss Cook uses in class and the confession that he had to move his clippy lots of times!!!

I laughed at the combination of his animation and the dismay that my sweet, little boy was misbehaving!!!

Gideon said, "Don't laugh! The teacher was disappointed!"

I am going to inquire about the frequency the teacher has actually had to move Gideon's clippy and pray that Gideon simply misused the proper possesive pronoun and instead of my clippy, he actually meant their clippies!

No comments: