11.27.2008

I Survived Black Friday!!!

I am such a novice!!! This was my first Black Friday (and possibly my last!)...I scanned the Sale Ads yesterday (all of the Sale Ads), determined Wal-Mart would be my first destination (and even did a little pre-shopping last night...thinking I was ahead of the game!), got up at 4:35 (still very confident), had laid out my clothes (I was planning ahead), but could not find our keys in the dark, borrowed Leta's keys and Keith's credit card (since my purse was in our locked car with the missing keys), and my adventure began. God was already pouring out His grace and mercy, when I barely missed hitting our car with Leta's car (car repairs would have made the $8 coat for Gideon...the only thing I really needed...seem a lot more expensive!!!).

As I turned the corner to Wal-Mart at 4:50, I started laughing at my stupidity and inexperience with Black Friday! Every parking space was occupied, cars were lined up around the edges and fbegining to fill the field next to Wal-Mart. Common sense would have told me to turn around and go home, but my sense of adventure and lack of money spurred me on!!! I could not believe the people, the pushing and the pure craziness!!! I headed straight for the coats, dodging carts and the masses...I did everything, but belly crawl to save $5. I found one of the last coats in a size 8, but could not turn around. Once in side of Wal-Mart, I could not get out! Sooo, what's a girl to do, but SHOP!!!

I found PJs, hoodies, long johns and oversized coloring books all for $4. I found great DVDs for $2 and several other toy items for the kiddos for Christmas (from Granny who was snug in her PJs, sipping tea and sitting by the phone answering my calls!!!). I finally found a cart, managed to make the rounds, ate a soft pretzle at Subway inside Wal-Mart and at 7 AM made my way to the check-out lines. The lines were sooo long, but once again determination paid off. I found a rather short line, grabbed some magazines and began my wait. I was suprised I only had to wait 25 minutes!!! OK, I spent way more than my alotted $8 for Gid's coat, but had a blast and am thrilled with all of the bargins. I am now contemplating heading to the Mall!!!

1 comment:

A and O said...

Crazy you. I am glad you were not looking for adventure in the Long Island Walmart.