11.18.2008

Lessons I Am Learning...Or At Least Trying!!!


I just finished the final day of Beth Moore's Stepping Up: a journey through the Psalms of Ascent. Even though it is a six week study, it has taken me almost half a year! I have had many distraction, done several other studies, but have continued my journey with the Lord through these precious Psalms. It has been amazing the way the Lord has used this study to speak to me over the past 6 months. He has taught me to cry out to Him, "A Psalmist not only gives God praise but also pours out their heart in intimate disclosure"; He has surrounded me with His mercy, protection and righteousness; He has calmed my spirit as we walk with Him through this journey; He has reminded me of His faithfulness and goodness; and today He taught me about being blessed.

"To bless God is to acknowledge gratefully what He is; but to bless men, God must make of him what he is not and give him want he has not." The more we learn about God, the more we understand that the primary reason He asks us to surrender everything to Him is to make room to receive what He wants to give.

No comments: