1.03.2009

Memories...

The New Year has been filled with unexpected memories and emotions! We have spent the past 2 days with 3 of my 4 precious Bridesmaids. We spent New Years Eve catching up with Rebecca and her darling family. I met Rebecca at Seminary in 1997 and sooo much has changed since then!!! We once shared classes, notes, hopes and dreams, the same address, Church, Small Group and so much more! We are now both happily married and living at least a few of the dreams that we once shared. It was so fun to catch-up and ring in the New Year together!!!

Andi, Rebecca, Tricia and Sadeta

New Year's Day, we spent with Tricia. I have known Tricia for almost 25 years!!! She lead me to the Lord my sophomore year and became my dearest friend!!! We have not seen each other in years, but from the minute I stepped into her home, time flashed back to the 80s and we relived our High School highlights!!! Would you believe, we would go tan at 6:15 AM, go to Drill Team practice at 7 and after a full day of classes, we would go to aerobics class and spend hours on the phone...now I can't even consistently make it to the gym or even find my phone!!! The funniest memory, that I must have repressed due to complete humiliation, was a dance Tricia and I preformed at an assembly to "Trapped in the Body of a White Girl" by Julie Brown in honor of Black Student Week.

Sadeta, Muharem and Ramo are our dear friends who moved to Fort Worth more than 10 years ago. We have seen their darling little boy grow, shared many firsts and millions of laughs, witnessed much joy (one of the highlights was welcoming Sadeta's family to the US) and walked through many trials together. The most difficult trail was the loss of their 3 year old little girl to Neuroblastoma on Wednesday. Words can not express the sadness, hurt and loss that has been experienced in the few short days of this New Year. Please join me in praying for us all as we try to find peace and joy during this difficult time.

I can not believe that I did not take one picture the entire weekend!!! I am especially grateful to our dear friends in Russia that packed our many memories and delievered them to us. This was a HUGE job, that involved many people and much time and energy!!! We love each of you and are so grateful for each and every memory we unpacked!!! We love you guys!!!

1 comment:

andi said...

If you want to make it four out of four just holler! I am going to LA this weekend but you guys are welcome anytime to alabama! I hope to come to FTW in the next 2 months to see Faith E. If I make it I will let you know. It breaks my heart about Sadeta!