2.20.2009

WELCOME!!!

Welcome to our new home!!!

In a fleeting moment of creativity, ME and I made this basket of flowers that will greet you when you come to visit!

Our Kitchen and Living Room...

Storage is a bit of an issue in our kitchen...so I have had to be a little creative! This dresser has become our pantry...


and a very old Ice Box now stores our dishes.



Our Dining Room table was made by my dad.


I love our bar that connects the kitchen and living room.


Our Bathroom...

My mom made this shower curtain for my first apartment a million years ago and it has followed me to every home I have lived in. I was so glad it found its way back to me from Russia.

A peek into our organized cabinet and my favorite scripture...
Our Bedroom...

with my mom's desk and antique folding chair...

and the most used area in our home...our computer desk.

The Kid's Room...


which includes our Laundry Room...

and the converted Pantry has become their Toy Closet!

I was disappointed in the small amount of kitchen space and having the kid's closet serve as our laundry room, until I read this excerpt from Esther, by Beth Moore...Esther had detached from the common man's need. We tend to detach from sights and situations that make us feel badly about ourselves-especially when we feel powerless. If we think we can't do anything about a bad situation, we'd just as soon not have to see it.

However, if we distance ourselves long enough from real needs, we replace them with those that aren't. Pretense becomes the new real and suddenly a delay in the delivery of our new couch becomes a terrible upset. We are wise to force ourselves to keep differentiating between simple inconveniences and authentic tribulations. The more detached and self-absorbed we become, the more we mistake annoyances for agonies.

Thanks for visiting...please stop by any time!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!

Nancy said...

I think your apartment is adorable. I thought I recognized the bathroom curtain from many other places you have lived! I can't wait to come for a visit, but will you still be there? Who knows, huh? Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the tour. I hope Keith is home now and helping out with intense questions and conversations that you have with the kids. Love you and miss you.

Deanna said...

Kristie! I love the icebox/dish storage area. That is so cool. I guess you can always teach the kids to do the laundry for you - Hah!

I know how that doesn't always work well!

Anonymous said...

Kristie- it looks like you've had fun getting really creative in your new home. We did a lot of that when we moved so often with the Air Force. Love that you've incorporated what we were taught in Keepers...organization, scripture in your home. God will bless you for caring for your family, and being content during this transitional time. Enjoy the freedom from home ownership...no money spent on fertilizer, mechanical problems go to the landlord...play with your little sweethearts, and love Keith. You will be blessed! Miss your sweet heart in Keepers! Sharilyn

dana said...

Hey, Phil. 4:6-7 is my favorite verse too! Doesn't Father bring it to mind ALL the time? John and I have 3 more weeks at FPO and in one month will be serving as ISC in EA! I'll always remember your hospitality and the beautiful city you lived in when I was there the summer of 2006. I like your new place! I'll be praying for you guys!

Anonymous said...

I love the Phil. Bible verse! You are so creative. The ice box idea is neat, the flowers on the front door are welcoming. I think your apartment is cute and cozy. You and Keith are such great witnesses for Christ. I know this past several months have been a trying time, yet you still have a strong faith in Christ.

Alys said...

hey! yay!!! i am glad that i was able to take part in getting your shower curtain to you... i took it off the hooks :) i love you and miss you!