3.27.2009

Home Tour Update...


I was feeling a need to get dirty (OK, only a little dirty!) and fill this old lonely pot that has been in my family forever!!! I have no idea where it came from or if it has any value, but I love it!

In all of the junk we had stored away, I found several treasures! My mom made this floral bedspread for me years ago and it still has all of the necessities, including pillows, bedskirt and curtains!

I also found several very old quilts made by my Grandmothers. I was able to use several as accents and this one in the kid's room. I am not sure how my mom would feel about actually USING these treasures. She obviously never did use them, because they are in immaculate condition. Since I am trying hard to limit our storage needs, I decided to put them to use!!!

Thanks for visiting!!! Stop by anytime!!!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Ohhh I love the quilts & pot! Looks beautiful!

Lynilu said...

Stumbled onto your blog, and I enjoyed this post in particular. I just want to say, yes, use the quilts. Speaking as one who tried to "save" the lovely quilts made by my grandmother, let me tell you this: they will eventually deteriorate, regardless of what you do, short of sealing them in acid-free materials and storing them completely away from sunlight; and they lie for years unappreciated that way. Enjoy them! I have a feeling most grammas would say the same. :)