3.27.2009

TGIF!

Today has been a great day!!! I love Fridays, but a Friday that you are confined to your home, can stay in your PJs and do nothing...that is a GREAT DAY!!! I honestly rarely do nothing. I love to contemplate a life of doing nothing, I like to talk about doing nothing, but I rarely do nothing. I know it is hard to believe, but it is the truth...really!

Today, I wanted to make a plan that would address my families nutritional needs. We like to eat, I like to plan, but I am not a great cook. I had a million cans of veggies (thanks Granny!) and it is definitely a great day for soup! I searched the Internet for a recipe that would accommodate my abundant can supply...but got distracted and hungry....so I just dumped all the cans together, added Fritos and it was delicious!!! OK, the soup was OK, but I could add Fritos to dog food and love it!!!

Yesterday, the kiddos and I made a cake!!! I love cake and a cake for no reason at all is sooo fabulous!!! The munchkins wanted sprinkles, which we did not have. But, in my search for sprinkles found...PUMPKINS!!! They were happy and I was thrilled to get rid of pumpkins, that had been in our cabinets for 6 months!!!

It has been a great day...soup, Fritos and chocolate cake!!! I am going to top this incredible day off with a nap, while watching Oprah!!!

No comments: