4.13.2009

The Motions...

I love this song, but recently began really contemplating the words. How do we live with an all consuming passion of Christ in our lives and not just go through the motions? What are we to give or what are we to give up? I am sure it is different for each one of us, but I would love to hear your thoughts!

The Motions by Matthew West

This might hurt
It’s not safe
But I know that I’ve gotta make a change
I don’t care
If I break
At least I’ll be feeling something

‘Cause just ok
Is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of life

I don’t wanna go through the motions
I don’t wanna go one more day
Without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don’t wanna spend my whole life asking
What if I had given everything?
Instead of going through the motions

No regrets
Not this time
I’m gonna let my heart defeat my mind
Let Your love
Make me whole
I think I’m finally feeling something

No comments: