6.13.2009

Another Great Saturday!

Today, we had no plans...absolutely nothing planned! We stayed up late, slept in (at least a little), ate a yummy breakfast, baked cookies and I even read one chapter in a book I checked out at the Library during our visit this week! After lunch, we went swimming...we are loving having a pool that we can use, but don't have to maintain or pay for!!!

Even though swimming lessons were not what I had hoped for, both Gid and Emme are very comfortable in the water. Gid enjoys playing, but not so much swimming. Emme, however, is our little tadpole! She spent most of the afternoon underwater, practicing to swim and making mommy completely nervous!!!

I am getting lots of vitamin D and a great upper body tan (I am already darker than I have been since I actually worked at a tan!), but my legs are still white...gone are the days of lounging by the pool!!!

As we were leaving the pool, a girl asked if she could have our chair. She had an accent, so I had to ask her where she was from! I was totally shocked when she said, "RUSSIA!!!" She is actually from the Ukraine (I guess she assumes Okies have no idea where Ukraine is!!!) and lives IN OUR APARTMENT, just 3 buildings from us!!!
God is amazing and I am so excited to have a friend from home that lives close by!!!

Just FYI~For me, when you are an American living in a foreign country and cross paths with any other American, you have an instant connection...same for me living here and meet a Russian...even if they are only from the Ukraine!

No comments: