8.26.2009

Day 5…

No pictures!!! Woke-up late this morning (why does my wake-up times vary from 2:30 to 5:30 to 7:30!!!) and asked Keith if he could take the kids. Of course he can…he goes right by the school on the way to work, the drop-off time for him is perfect and he loves getting to do it. However, the kiddos are sooo dramatic!!! Emme started whining and said, “I want you too!” Of course, my main goal is keeping the peace…not my peace, but the peace of everyone else. I also want the drop-off to be a happy, positive, encouraging time, so they begin school on a good note…so, I end-up totally catering to them and wanting to just eject them from the car and speed away!!!

After getting them dressed (which included re-dressing Emme and explaining to her why her hot pink shirt and lime green shorts did not match the Ridgeview dress code and cutting the tags off of everything that could possibly, scratch, poke or even touch Gideon…to only insist on changing 14 more times!!!), I threw on the first thing that was clean and ran out the door to find Emme in tears. “Emme, what happened?”

“I want daddy to take me!”

Gideon still wanted me to take him…candy was offered and in the car they climbed with daddy!!!

Disclaimer: I know this post screams manipulation of my darling kiddos and complete lack of control!!! I am also confident that I would be the last person you would want to take parenting tips from BUT would want to give them to!!! How to Have a New Kid by Friday” is beginning in September and Keith and I are leading it! OK, now that you have recovered from heart failure at the shock and have resumed reading…I have discovered that when you lead a study you get even more out of it…you read the book more closely, watch the videos more attentively and more often, and pray…pray for wisdom, pray for insight and pray that your kids will reflect all that you are learning…or at least to embarrass you!!! Please join us…Sunday nights at VBC so we can learn, laugh and love our children unconditionally!!!

No comments: