9.02.2009

Good-Bye 7!!!

IMG_0418IMG_0423 

When Gid wakes up he will no longer be 7!!!  So many memories are flashing through my mind…his first days in the World, his first Birthday celebration in Ivanovo, Russia at Baskin Robins with 50 of our closest friends ;-), my failed attempt at decorating his 2nd Birthday cake and the adult competition that resulted from one of his gifts…Team Golden Ring was always very competitive!  The night we had to call the Russian equivalent to 9-1-1 and waited 3 hours for them to come and 2 more for them to leave! 

In just the past year, he has grown and developed in such an amazing way!  I wonder how he will change over the next year, what trials will he face, what triumphs will he experience?  I pray that Gideon’s 8th year would be full of wonderful opportunities and fabulous memories.  I pray that Gid would come to know the Lord in a real and personal way and that he would love God above all else.  I pray that he would be wise and shine like the brightness of the heavens!  I pray that he would know how much he is loved and how special he is! 

Gid~Happy Birthday!!!  We love you!!!

4 comments:

Cutlerama said...

Happy Birthday Gid!!!

Mel and Nancy Skinner said...

You walk down memory lane brought smiles to my face several times! We love you miss you. Come see us next time you're in the neighborhood!

Scott family said...

Happy Birthday Gideon! Welcome to the 8 year old club! Hope to see you soon. We love you.

GRANNY said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MOST FAVORITE GIDEON IN THE "WHOLE" WORLD!!!!!