7.15.2010

A Great Friend…A Fabulous Day!!!

IMG_6220

I meet Tricia 23 years ago and have seen her 1 or 2 times in the last 10 years, but today, it was if time stood still!!!  Her family made a detour through Clovis on their way to Nevada and California for vacation.  We meet for lunch, then went to the park and for almost 5 hours talked non-stop about the past, present and future!!!

We use to get up before dawn, go tan, be at drill team practice at 6:45, begin classes at 8:30, my mom would have lunch waiting and we would spend the next 30 minutes laughing about the disgusting Velveeta commercials or thoroughly entertaining my mom with the latest school gossip, then we would head back to school for the rest of the day.  After classes, we would call each other from home talk for hours, meet at the gym to exercise and occasionally tan…again…and usually not go to bed until almost mid-night!!!  Now I sleep 9 hours, barely have the energy to get out of my PJs, almost never exercise, my biggest task during the day (at least right now) is occasionally fixing a bowl of cereal for myself and I almost always fall asleep watching TV at 8pm!!!

IMG_6226

Our kids:  Zack (16), Jake (14), Matthew (12), Gideon (8) and Emme (5)

No comments: