10.23.2010

No One Told Me…

When I discovered that I was pregnant, I read books, listened to lots of advice, attended Lamaze and Parenting Classes, but no one told me that having a baby would make me feel as if I was living life with my heart running free.  No one told me that when one of my kids felt pain, so would I.  No one mentioned that when my child is bullied or made fun of, I would want vengeance.  No one said when my child was late for school, forgot an assignment or failed a class, that I would feel like a failure.

It is easy to encourage a friend that everything will workout for good, that God will meet all their needs and to try and minimize a problem by reminding them that it could be worse.  I know and am very thankful that God is in charge, has a perfect will and that He makes no mistakes.  I know that there can be no highs without lows, no joy without sorrow and no growth without struggle.  However, it doesn’t make it easier to walk through a trial when it is your heart that is being tested.

Since 2008, Gideon has been tested, questioned, evaluated, analyzed, graded, ranked.  For the most part he seems to have enjoyed the journey.  He has surpassed many expectations and succeeded in areas that were previously questioned.  Gideon has grown…and so have I.

This week, we began Phase 428 of the journey…an Auditory Processing Disorder.  Gideon has not changed.  His abilities have not decreased.  His difficulties have not increased.  So, why am I having such a hard time?

Please pray for Gideon, the Speech Therapist, his teacher and classmates…and me.  Pray that God would give wisdom, peace, patience and perseverance.

No comments: