11.30.2010

A Huge Favor…

If you are singing “Let it Snow, Let it Snow”…could you please stop, at least for a few days!!!  It has been snowing for 7 days straight and I need a break.  I have seen more snow fall this week, than I ever have…including all my previous years in Russia!!!  I have seen many accidents, been in several near misses, been stuck, slipped and slided to many destinations and am sooo tired of snow covered windshield, wet pants and frozen fingers!!!  Yesterday, right in front of me, a driver hit a patch of ice, spun out and sent a pedestrian air born…thankfully no one was hurt, but it was sooo scary!!!

Every morning, we have to spend 15 minutes doing this…

IMG_0419IMG_0420

Leave the house looking like this…

IMG_0429

to make our way through this…

IMG_0430IMG_0434IMG_0437

to get to school!!!

I am thankful, however, that I rarely have to do this…

IMG_0066IMG_0296

I am thankful…thankful for a husband that scraps and warms up the car in the morning, great kids that I can “encourage” to pick-up the pace when we are running late, a car that keeps me warm while we slip and slide to wherever we need to go and a cozy apartment to come home to!!!

But please, if you are singing “Let it Snow, Let it Snow” STOP!!!

3 comments:

JB and Iris said...

loving your blog, sweetie! and I love you! but I also love snow...it does such a great job of covering up all the trash and yuckiness and making the overcast, cloudy, dark days seem a little brighter!

Kara said...

I'm impressed it only takes you 15 minutes to get dressed. I set aside 30 for our kids!

Anonymous said...

Hey very nice blog!! Man .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds also…