2.17.2011

Facebook Post on the Eve of the Big 40!

It's only a number, it's only a number...I am trying to find encouragement in the fact that according to Wikipedia I will be middle aged tomorrow!!! I hope the sad, nauseating feeling passes so I can enjoy cake tomorrow!!!

FUNNY COMMENTS FROM FRIENDS:

Oh WOW...I remember that feeling!!! BELIEVE me Kristie...once you get past TODAY, you will be THRILLED to be 40!!! It is INDEED, only a number!!! I am 42 now and I will tell you, that the last week of being "39" was the hardest!!! :) HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!

Well, it should make you feel better that when I read your post I wondered if you were turning 30 or 35!

OK here are two bits of advice - 1. 40 is God's favorite number - it rained for 40 days & night, the Israelites & Jesus were in wildernesses for 40 days, etc but after the 40 good things happened! 2. Also remember that there will always... be a number higher than your current number & numbers younger - do you really want to be 17 again?? (just to refresh your memory: zits, trying to figure out the OS, angst about looks) there are advantages to age but those above you are remembering your current age & saying ahhh 40 - those were the days ... I didn't have to try & remember where I put my reading glasses,what I promised to do today & where the list I wrote it down on is, my hair still had bounce it & most of it wasn't in the sink or hair brush, parts of my anatomy were still in the right place & hadn't drifted south .... so Enjoy 40 because you have 10 years before all that happens to you :)

Yeah! Don't worry about tomorrow for each day has enough troubles of it's own & tomorrows are probably worse so don't even worry about today just enjoy the fact you are living breathing have a husband that makes you cakes & thinks 40 is a hot number (that was probably AFTER he lit your candles right?) & two adorable kids & all your faculties ( I am not talking about about your mind not school teachers) about you ENJOY what today brings xoxo!

IMG_3361

Atleast the sun is shining…even though the temps are so cold, my nose freezes shut and I stop breathing if I am outside for more than 2 seconds!!!

No comments: