5.10.2011

A New Level Of Laziness…At Least I Am Honest!!!

We have been without a car now for over a week.  I know millions of people don’t not have a car.  They walk.  St Pete has the Metro, buses, trams, trolleys.  We have rollerblades, bikes and great shoes.  I even have a Gym membership where I walk on the treadmill, but I never walk to the Gym.  In America, I lived across the street from Wal-Mart, but did I ever walk to Wal-Mart…of course not!!!

Tonight, I walked to English Café.  It took 25 minutes.  After Café, I thought I would “conserve my energy” and take the bus.  I just missed 2 buses, so I waited 7 minutes for the next bus.  I got on, not knowing that it was the wrong bus.  I hopped off at the next stop.  Now halfway home and 15 minutes into my conservation project, I debated for a total of 2 seconds whether or not to take another bus.  A bus would put me 5 minutes from my house or I could walk the remaining 15 minutes.  I took the trolley.  So after a bus, a trolley, a 7 minute wait and a 5 minute walk…I made it home in exactly 28 minutes!!!

3 comments:

GRANNY said...

KNOWING ME, I WOULD STILL BE ON THE WRONG BUS.

GRANNY said...

KNOWING ME, I WOULD STILL BE ON THE WRONG BUS.

The Herd said...

So, understand the process..but I must side with you...I love the trolleys!!! They took longer, but they were less crowded!