9.29.2011

Home Improvements Continue…

A friend stopped by for coffee and ended up giving me lots of great advice.  We had a really ugly light fixture that I wanted to replace and she suggested painting it!!!  Paint it?!?!  The mess…the work…yuck!!!  I was sooo wrong!!!  Bought black matte spray paint for way less than even the cheapest new light fixture, Keith held the light, I sprayed, we immediately rehung it (yes wet!!!) since he was not willing to hold it for the 2-4 hour drying time!!!  In a matter of minutes we had transformed the light and love it!!!

IMG_4236

More paint and fun material transformed equally as ugly stools in to fun additional seating!!!

IMG_4240

In our 800 square foot 4 rooms of precious space, we have a living room, 2 bedrooms and a family fun play room.  It was in desperate need of fun art.  Going to Hobby Lobby or any fun place for art is really not a easy or affordable option here.  Sooo, I found some photos online and had them framed and printed…about 10 for $40!!!  Here are a few I chose…

starwarssaga30-extended-creditsEpisode 1star_wars__darth_vader___maul_by_marto-d2z6hdpDisney_Character_Collage_by_ToonGeniusdisney-princess-group1-1

I was bummed to discover that in our many moves, I had lost much of our travel memorabilia.  So, I also did the same for our wall of travel adventures.

Hawaii…

1950_Joseph_Feher_Dole_Map_of_Hawaii_-_Geographicus_-_Hawaii-feher-1950

Athens…

Athens-Acropolis-painting-01

Barcelona…

18x13Spain

Constantinople…

Flickr_-_…trialsanderrors_-_Kariye_mosque,_Constantinople,_Turkey,_ca._1908

El Gouna, Egypt…

Pisa…

img_3486

Istanbul…

mosque_istanbul_2_h

Sidi Bou Said, Tunisa…

18x13Tunisa

Moscow…

11

Just another bright spot in our house!!!

IMG_4235

I was really dreading this move, but have so quickly fallen completely in love with every inch..or centimeter :-)…of space!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome decorating! And, you do have adorable children! Praying for you with love, Anne

The Herd said...

Your creativeness has not ceased to amaze me!!! Love the cover on the chair...that someone painted!!!!