2.21.2012

Learning From Gid

Gideon doesn’t make the best grades in school. He’s by far not the best athlete, but Gideon is one of the best friends I have ever seen. Most people are not naturally nice. I sure am not. When it comes to relating other people, Gideon is nice. Usually. Like kindness to others comes naturally to him. Sure he has his moments, especially when it involves his little sister. Still, I see Gideon habitually putting the needs of others above his own. I see Gideon consistently forgiving others who offend him. I see Gideon regularly not making a big deal out of others’ mistakes. I can’t think of a time when I heard him say something cruel or demeaning to somebody…other than to his little sister. He makes a concerted effort to be a good friend to people. Sometimes, I see or hear things he says or does to other people and I am truly amazed at his kind heart. I hope he doesn’t lose this, as he goes through life realizing most people are naturally self-centered and cruel. But, I am excited on the other hand. When Gideon comes to the point in his life where God the Father draws him to Jesus and the Holy Spirit enters his life. Those very special tendencies in his heart could be seriously amplified. I can’t even imagine what he’ll be like as an adult who is living for Jesus. He could be someone who loves and cares for others in terrifically supernatural ways. Can’t wait to see that!

~Keith

No comments: