2.14.2012

My Attempt At A Pinterest Project…

I long to be creative, artistic, crafty.  I am, however, none of these.  I love pinterest and the millions of fabulous ideas, projects, recipes.  Valentine’s Day in a foreign country is a bit more challenging.  We can not run to the store and fill our bags with cute, premade card, heart candies and chocolates.  My love for pinterest coupled with my desire to be creative had fabulous intentions!

v day treats in creamer

After finding so many cute possibilities that were not an option, because the lack of available supplies, I found these darling candy cane hearts.  I happen to have boxes of mini-peppermints (thanks to Granny!!!) and lots of chocolate.

IMG_7733IMG_7736IMG_7738

I did a trail run on Sunday for our small group and they turned out OK and tasted yummy!!!  I had exactly enough candy canes for both Gid and Emme’s classmates and teachers.  Until…

IMG_7743

tragedy struck…

IMG_7744

I am a very inexperienced decorator and had a huge piping disaster.  One bag exploded and the other melted!!!

IMG_7745

In addition to the huge mess, I knocked 2 candy canes onto the floor shattering them and some how managed to break two more!!!

IMG_7746

I found free, color-your-own Valentine’s card on the Internet, since we are out of colored ink!!!  Emme and I successfully, although not beautifully, filled bags for all the students and bought flowers and chocolates for the teachers.

IMG_7749

I am so thankful that tomorrow Valentine’s Day will have ended and I will be enjoying a Valentine’s Day massage at a fabulous Spa thanks to my sweet husband!!!

1 comment:

granny said...

Those candy cane things are really clever!!!!!