4.14.2012

Rambling…

I have been a bit emotional.  I am trying to be thankful.  I am trying to let go…stop looking at the waves and trust Jesus, but often find myself sinking.

A few weeks ago, we took Gideon to see a Neurologist.  We thought we would get further insight into how he thinks and processes life.  I wanted to further understand Gideon to better help him achieve his potential.  Even though the doctor was very encouraging and confident in a plan that would help Gideon…he discovered additional difficulties and concerns.  They are really not a huge deal and really not even something that we need to be concerned about today…but of course I am!!!

IMG_9266

Emme pierced got her ear’s pierced last summer.  She quickly learned to care for her ears and loved changing her earrings.  This week, we noticed that her earrings seemed to be very low.  Some how her holes stretched and on one side has pulled all the way through!!!  This also is not a huge, life threatening issue…but makes me feel horrible!!!  How could I have not noticed it before it ripped through?!?!  She will now either have to have plastic surgery to repair the tear or live with a ripped earlobe.

IMG_9265

I know the these issues are so minor in life.  I know that God has a prefect plan in the life of my kids.  I know that he works everything out for his glory. 

As a mom, I want to protect my kids from pain, hurt and struggles…even if they are for their good!!!  Please pray that I would look to Jesus and not the waves!!!

No comments: