8.27.2012

I Am Not Alone…

A new school year brings with it many emotions.  Even though I love a quiet morning with a cup of coffee, being able to hear the clock tick and enjoy the calm of no battles or bickering, the minute I say good-bye and watch the kids go up the steps I feel a sense of loneliness. 

Today, I returned home from drop-off, warmed up my coffee, curled up on the couch, covered up with my favorite quilt my Grandma made…and wanted to cry {for no apparent reason} and felt all alone.  I picked up Jesus Calling and as if Jesus was sharing a cup of coffee with me, I read…

I am all around you, hovering over you even as you seek My Face.  I am nearer than you dare to believe, closer than the air you breathe.  If My children could only recognize My Presence, they would never feel lonely again.  I know every thought before you think it, every word before you speak it.

Be blessed by My intimate nearness.  Since I live in you, let Me also live through you, shining My light into the darkness.

This is my hope for today.

No comments: