1.31.2013

A Little Scare…

IMG_4478

Yesterday was Korean Lunch at the School, so of course I joined the kids for a fantastic lunch.  As I was gathering my things to go home for my last 2 hours of freedom, one of the teachers met me and said, “I am sorry Mrs. Sullivan {that is still weird to me that I am a Mrs!} there was an accident at recess and Emme was hurt.”  My initial response was to burst into tears, which was fortunately replaced with panic/crisis mode.  I found Emme surrounded by a crowd of friends sobbing.  She had a bump on her forehead, but thankfully was alert, no signs of blood and was not nauseated.  The story that I was able to piece together was that she slipped off the merry-go-round and before the kids could stop it got hit in the forehead.  After seeking advice from several others, Emme and I went home, curled up in bed and started Movie Therapy.  I did not realize how exhausting panic and stress can be.  I do not think I left her side the rest of the evening.  I am so grateful for a great IA Staff and friends that watch over and care for our kids in our absence.  I am thankful that this unfortunate accident was not serious and my precious, little girl is back to her normal, crazy self!!!

No comments: