3.22.2007

A Little Interview With the 4 Sullivans

Our first interview questions!!! Yeah!!!

1. What has been the hardest part of living in Russia?
Kristie: Being so far away from our families!
Keith: Feeling the burden to start new churches among Russian people, which is both a wonderful and extremely difficult task.

2. What is your funniest learning/practicing the language story?
Kristie: All of the –est questions are always difficult for me to answer, but I love asking them! The first blunder that comes to mind is when I told the wife of our landlord (trying to impress her with all of my wonderful Russian knowledge HAHA!!!) that the lady at the Passport Registration had a big “butt” but I actually meant to say “folder” in her office of our documents. The look on her face told me I had made an error and I was able to correct myself!
Keith: Most recently was when our local Russian pediatrician was explaining treatment for a virus Emme had. One of the treatments was to give her suppositories to increase her immune system. The funny thing was that the word he used for suppository was the same Russian word I knew for “candle”. I couldn’t imagine putting a candle where he was suggesting, but after some explanation, we figured it out.

3. What has been the most delightful thing that you've experienced in Russia?
Kristie: Friendships and Teammates! I have made some great friends and love my teammates---both have been such a source of encouragement, wisdom and laughter!
Keith: I would agree that it is friendships. Russians understand friendship in a way that makes them the most faithful friends you could ever have.

Thanks Mary Caye for the great questions!!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

What a fun idea. Loved the butt thing...hilarious.