10.26.2007

Kristie's Adventures Continue...

Ok, I am sure you are wondering what I am doing?!?! After sleeping a total of 3.5 hours, I hopped the train to Moscow, was met by our totally sweet driver Pasha, who drove me to the airport (PTL I did not have to make my way on the metro, buses, crowds and traffic by myself and my 50 pound suitcase and equally as heavy backpack!!!) We made it to the airport in 1 hour which is totally fabulous for Moscow traffic. So, I can now sit and relax in an internet cafe...but not for too long, since it is 70 rubles (almost $3) for 15 minutes. But...I am alone and technically on vacation!!!

Speaking of being alone...I am so lost without my family. Lesa, the kids and I had a slumber party in the kids room, which I abandoned after everyone was asleep to go to my own bed. I felt lost in our big bed all alone. Usually, when Keith is gone the kids pile in my bed and cuddle with me. What will I do for 8 days in an entire bed by myself!!!

The trip has been so quiet and relaxing. I made it to the train station in record time...just as the train was arriving. Slept for almost 2 hours and was soooo greatful to Jill for letting me borrow her IPOD. The music was so fun and new (much better than our 1995 CD collection) and helped to drowned out the snooring man sleeping in the next bed and crying baby on the other side. I sat and contempted life and had periods of time with complete silence, no distractions and absolutely nothing to do, which I thought would be heavenly, but must admit was rather dull. OK, I must admit that I have already called to check on them once (would call again, but the battery in my phone is almost dead and the charger is MIA) and have spoke with Keith twice...and cried almost three times!!! I really miss the kiddos!!!

Please pray that the kids will have a great day with Aunt Lesa (I have heard cut-out cookies, trips outdoors and lots of other fun things are planned for the day!!!) and that we will all benefit from this time apart.

No comments: