11.23.2008

An Afternoon "At The Beach"

As you probably have already learn, I am very transparent. About the only thing I will not share is my weight (and will share even that on a good day!) Sooo, I recently became a Mystery Shopper!!! I thought that it would be a fun way to make a little additional cash and maybe get a few free meals. However, after 3 telephone calls and an additional $10, I agreed to spend the afternoon at the beach...OK, "At The Beach" is actually a Tanning Salon! I do not tan, have not attempted to alter my skin color in years, have not payed to tan since the 80's and do not care that I am pasty white!!! However, a free tan, an addition $10 and a very sweet, desperate representative pursued me to tan...however, I am not tan, not even one shade darker but burnt...really burnt!!! I guess I will be spending my extra $10 on aloe vera lotion!!!

7 comments:

Jill Willeke said...

Where are the pictures???????????

Anonymous said...

haha, i want to see pictures too. You crack me up.

man, as adventurous as I am, I have never been in a tanning bed, but I must say I would do it for 10 buck...haha maybe you can find some aloe vera at the dollar tree and still have 9 bucks for yourself, that might be enough for a java chip at Star bucks...thanks for the laugh...Patsy

Anonymous said...

OH WOW, HOPE NOBODY MISTAKES YOU FOR THE TURKEY!!!!

A and O said...

A-Only you would find a way to become a 'mystery shopper'. Cool. Will make for more interesting moments in your already interesting life. :) Look forward to those stories.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh. I have been where you are....

Anonymous said...

Dork! You should know better! When are you coming to Clovis? Hope to see you soon. We'll be in Farwell Thursday for lunch and then around our house the rest of the holiday. Call me, please!!! Hope you feel better soon.

Redelsperger Family said...

Find your favorite sweat pants and LIVE in them until the burn is gone...advice from an experienced tanning-burn victim.

:-)