11.26.2008

Thanksgiving Memory...

Thanksgiving Day 2007 was one of my favorites. Things like turkey, Stove Top, pumpkin and pecans are Thanksgiving necessities, but can be difficult to find in Russia. Last year, I drove to Metro (an accomplishment in and of its self!!!), found 2 frozen, skinny, little turkeys (that were sooo not cheap!!!) and was elated!!!

I studied how to brine a turkey, prepared my 2 precious babies for our mouth watering feast and dreamed (not for long, since I was up at 4 AM to begin cooking!!!) about the sacrifice they had made to bless our Thanksgiving Day!!!

We pulled all of our resources together and joined our dearest colleagues, friends and Russian family for a fabulous Thanksgiving Celebration I will never forget!!!

Tomorrow, we will spend Thanksgiving Day with the Sullivan clan...the first Thanksgiving all (or at least most...Cody, Leslie and Kyle~We miss you guys, but are thankful at least some of us have jobs!!!) will be together. I am already stuffed and my pants are squishing into my sun burnt belly (how long must I be reminded of my stupidity!!!).

This is an unexpected blessing that resulted from our failed return to Russia. We have sooo many thanks to be thankful for...practically free, fat turkeys; sweet Bakers who prepared our pies (thanks Wal-Mart!!!); and our sweet family to stuff our faces with and discuss our misery and regrets for that last plate full we ate!!! I love Thanksgiving!!!

Please join me in praying for our dear Russian teammates who are really struggling this Thanksgiving. Yesterday, they received horrible news and are experience a great sense of loss. Pray God's will would be made evident to them and His grace, mercy and loving kindness would rain down upon them!!!

Guys, I love you and am praying for you!!! I hope this same smile covers your face this weekend as you wait upon the Lord.


Praise God even when you don't understand what He is doing.
Henry Jacobsen

1 comment:

Leslie D. said...

Have fun in New Mexico with the whole clan! We miss you all and wish we could be there!

Happy Thanksgiving!