4.28.2009

Birthday Countdown!!!

ME turns 4 in 4 days!!! Yesterday, I decided that we would go together to order her Birthday. I do not do Birthday cakes, because I already have an inferiority complex and still have nightmares of Gideon's 2nd Birthday cake. Sooo, we headed to a cute neighborhood bakery and had almost an hour before I needed to be at the gym. ME had informed the entire family that she wanted a Princess cake...the only cake that would be suitable for the Birthday of a Princess!!! We walked into the door and the assistant showed us the cakes on display. ME went right over to one of the cakes and declared that it would be the cake for her birthday.

ME, that is a basketball.

I know that and I want a basketball cake.

I thought you wanted a Princess cake?

No, I will pick that tomorrow.

ME, today we are choosing your Birthday cake and you only get to pick one cake...one cake for a whole year!

OK, I want the basketball!

ME, why do you want a basketball cake?

Because, I can dribble and someday I will play!

We proceeded to look at 5 ALBUMS of cakes and 1 album of cupcakes. Eventhough she thought the Princesses, Castles, Barbies, flowers were great cakes for her NEXT Birthday, for this Birthday she wanted a basketball cake. I surrender my dream of a beautiful Princess cake or even a luxurious castle and agreed to the basketball cake.

ME, what about a pink basketball?

No, mommy! Basketballs are orange!

What flavor of cake would you like the Basketball to be?

Orange!!!

1 comment:

Mel and Nancy Skinner said...

I'm sure this will be an unforgetable birthday party, but I will NEVER forget Gid's Baskin 'n' Robbins party!