5.27.2009

A Lesson Learned...

I learned a very insightful, powerful lesson today, in the bathroom with ME. I often wonder why ME is the way she is. Why does she ask sooo many questions? Why is she sooo stubborn? Why is she sooo defiant? Why is she sooo independent and sooo demanding?

We went to Enid this morning and met my parents for lunch. ME had to go to the bathroom and insisted that I join her. As she was taking care of business, she mentioned how warm the seat was. I wanted to try and had some of my own business to take care of...the seat was heated!!! ME and I were chatting and I noticed a remote control and a chart. Of course not interested enough to read the details, instructions or even what the remote control was really for...I pushed one of the buttons that said kid. If it said KID...how bad could it be?!?! Water...or at least I hope it was WATER...started shooting out of the toilet...THE TOILET...like a fountain, onto the wall!!! ME was on one side of the fountain and I was on the other. She was screaming, "I am scarred, go get Grandma!!!" I tried to reach over the flow of water, to grab the remote, which ended up falling onto the floor. After what felt like FOREVER and praying that the water would stop, I told ME to just crawl under. Picturing her bending over, she got on her hands and knees and crawled under the fountain, but through the puddle of water!!! I dried ME off and as I reached for the door to leave the nightmare, the water stopped. Thankfully lunch was over and we just headed straight for the exit...and laughed all the way home.

Sooo, why is ME the way she is??? Because, her sweet, loving, inquisitive, indepentdent, bold mommy is the way she is!!! I love you, ME!!!

1 comment:

Jill Willeke said...

Hey -- it took you 4 years to realize this? I had it figured out after only 1.5 years. :) You crack me up -- I miss you and really need a Kristie Chat!