5.26.2009

Kindergarten Graduation

I can not believe today Gideon "graduated" from Kindergarten. Seven years ago, I was reading "What To Expect When You Are Expecting" and contemplating the blessing of early retirement!!! I was thrilled to be a stay~at~home mom, dreaming of sleeping in, doing what ever I wanted with my precious little baby tagging along. WOW!!! Was I ever wrong...and naive!!!

The first night at home, Gideon cried for 12 straight hours. I called the hospital, honestly, to tell them that there had been a mistake. This could not be the precious little one I had dreamed about!!!

We have been through sooo much!!! At 6 weeks, we were taking passport pictures, packing our bags and moving to Russia. While at training in Richmond, Virginia, I cried the first day I dropped my little prince off with total strangers!!! I had his bag packed for the day and included a report of all the things my special 16 weeks old was accomplishing and the important things that they would need to work on while I was away. Little did I know that the sweet childcare workers, who had been watching MKs for 30 years, would teach me so much and that I would totally fall in love with them~after they finally stopped laughing at me and my ridiculous notes!!!

God has done amazing work in the life of Gideon. This was one of the most difficult years for our family...full of change, testing and trials...but on this day, watching Gid graduate from Kindergarten, read books, write stories, memorize, sing new songs, recite the days of the weeks, months of the year, learning to tell time, add AND SOOO MUCH MORE...all things we were told he may never be able to do...has made it all worth it!!! As tears stream down my cheeks...all I can say is praise the Lord!!! We are sooo proud of you, Gid!!!

2 comments:

Cutlerama said...

Wow, God is so Good and blesses beyond measure.

So glad to hear how much he has progressed, he truly is a handiwork of God.

GRANNY said...

WAY TO GO GIDEON!! I LOVE YOU A LOT!!!