12.01.2009

My Favorite Part of the Day…

I love the stillness and peace just after the kids have fallen asleep.  There is no whining, fighting, complaining, arguing, poking, tattling, guilt, hurt feelings, worries, troubles, tests, tragedy…just peace and quiet. 

Before the kids go to sleep, we usually have a little family devotion…it is not a perfect, the kids have a hard time being still and listening and more often than not, our patience have been put to the test!  As the kids vie for attention, I always end up smashed between them for crowd control and I lay with them until they fall asleep.  I know that many parental “experts” would think that I am a horrible mother, but I seriously don’t care.  This is my favorite moment of the day…smashed between my two kids, rejoicing over longed for silence and knowing that all is well.

No comments: