8.16.2010

TV…

IMG_6929

Emme and I love TV.  We love watching movies, TV shows and even commercials!!!  English movies are becoming harder to find, TV…with the exception of BBC and CNN…are in Russian.  I have not watched TV in 27 days and only 2 movies…one being so boring that I slept through most of it!!!  This loss of entertainment has NOT moved me to be more productive, become more spiritual or lessened my desire to be entertained.  I miss TV, my friends at Blockbuster, going by Redbox and getting 4 movies for only $4!!!  I want to not care about TV, not be disappointed each time I find a new movie that is only in Russian, stop researching ways to watch movies on the Internet only to be rejected because I live in Russia…isn’t living in Russia punishment enough :-), why can’t they let me watch a movie?!?!  True confession…I have even joined an online movie “club” only to have my emotions, patients and frustration levels reach completely new heights…not to mention the question of ethics (it did say that it was legal, but I have to wonder…I just figure that if I was sent to jail in the states, I would have a better chance of watching TV or movies in English anyways!!!) and was only able to watch one movie!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that girl's profile.....
Such a sad story about your movies....maybe you have some good books???? So fun seeing your life in Russia.....praying for you. Anne